Julien and Yvan are pleased to answer all your questions about our product!
The way it works, its advantages, its characteristics, how it helps the environment, its production and all the elements to consider if you wish to equip yourself with an Edelsun heating system.
If further information is required, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be pleased to answer all your questions.
Installation of Edelsun’s outdoor heating system
The installation of our outdoor heating system is simple and accessible to all.
Once it has been assembled, it is not necessary to dismantle it after use.
If you wish,you may choose to use our on-site delivery and installation service.
WHY CHOOSE PELLETS RATHER THAN GAS OPERATION?
- Wood pellets are made of sawdust residues (mainly form fir or spruce, of Swiss origin) which are glued in granule shape with natural corn starch. Therefore, wood pellets are considered to be a clean and 100% renewable energy.
- The Federal Energy Act, which came into force in 2001 and was updated in 2016, prohibits the use of gas or electricity for outdoor heating. Our solution therefore complies with the law.
- The moderate cost of the pellet makes the initial investment profitable in 2 seasons.
WHAT DO I NEED TO OPERATE MY OUT-DOOR HEATING SYSTEM?
- Our partner O’Bise supplies high quality pellets produced in Swizerland, sourced from well managed Swiss forests.
- However, you can also easily find commercial wood pellets in shops such as Landi, Coop Brico, Migros DoItGarden …).
- We recommend the use of natural wood wool firelighters, which release less smoke than liquid fuel.
HOW MANY SHOULD I PLAN TO USE?
The heating perimeter of our Edelsun outdoor heating system is about 3 metres during the first 3 hours, decreasing to 1.5 metres for the last 2 hours.
CAN I USE IT INDOORS?
- No, indoor use is strictly prohibited. Even if our product emits 10 times less particulate matter (PM) and carbon monoxide (CO) than the current norm, a concentration of as little as 0.1% in the air could prove lethal in aprox. 10 minutes.
IS IT HEAVY AND BULKY?
- Once assembled the outdoor heating solution weighs 54 kg, its height is 199 cm and its maximum diameter is 70 cm.
- We recommend the use of a small trolley to move it around. Otherwise we recommend two persons to carry it.
HOW DO I START IT?
- Please find the firing guidelines in the above video next to the section “Installation of Edelsun’s outdoor heating system”.
HOW LONG DOES A FULL LOAD OF PELLETS LAST?
- A full load of pellets will last around 5 hours but it could be less depending on wind conditions. Indeed, wind tends to favour the conveying presure and therefore increases the efficiency while reducing the time of combustion.
CAN I ADD MORE PELLETS DURING USE?
- Adding pellet during use must be banned. Firstly, the flame would be in the open air and could increase the risk of burning.
- Secondly, the patented Edelsun system requires a very fine tuning between incoming air and pellet mass. By adding pellets, you will false the setting and disturb the cycle of combustion wich will result in a lot of smoke and unburned pellets.
HOW CAN I STOP IT?
- Our system heating with wood and particularly with our double combustion has a certain inertia. Our system is autonomous and shuts itself down after approximately 5 hours. We formally advise against trying to shut the heating system down.
- If something unforseen happens, we recommend you to use a bottle of bleach rather than water to stop the combustion.
CAN MY CHILDREN BURN THEMSELVES?
- Parts of the unit that could be subjected to high temperatures have been thermally insulated. A pin avoids inappropriate opening of the heating system. But for greater safety we recommend to replace the pin with a padlock.
- However, we recommend to keep children clear of the outdoor heating system in operation. During the transition phase, it could happen that still burning pellets fall into the ash bin. A child could open the ash bin and get burned.
HOW MUCH STOCK OF PELLETS BAGS SHOULD I PLAN?
- The Edelsun heating system needs 10 kg per 5-hour cycle. A standard pellet bag containS 15 kg.
CAN I USE MY OUTDOOR HEATING SYSTEM IN RAIN/WIND?
- In case of rain, care must be taken to ensure that during cleaning/filling there is not too much water entering the combustion chamber. Water will tend to increase the risk of smoke during the start-up phase.
- You should avoid letting pellets absorb humidity as this will increase the risk of generating smoke and will result in poor start of the combustion.
- Light to moderate wind will accelerate the combustion.
- In case of strong wind, the use of the device should be banned in order to avoid any risk of tipping over.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE ASHES?
- Thanks to its patented system, the Edelsun out door heating system emits very little ash: only 40 g per cycle. Before refueling the combustion chamber with pellets, it is mandatory to clean it with a wire brush . We recommend emptying the ash bin once a week into your dust bin or add it to your compost. The wood pellets are made from 100% natural wooddust.
IS THERE A RISK OF INTOXICATION?
- Our parasol outdoor heating solution has been tested in the laboratory and it is well below current norms (see technical data sheet). There is absolutely no risk for outdoor use but we kindly remind you that indoor use is stricktly forbidden.
HOW LONG IS THE PRODUCT GUARANTEED?
- Our product is guaranteed for 2 years.